MBSC Umpire Clinic Notes
Written by: League Administrator
Thursday, April 12, 2018
1. There are new bat standards this year with PONY Baseball, so please go to www.pony.org to see all new bat rules, but here are the highlights.
The only bats that are allowed at any age group are either a. BBCOR (-3) and/or b. having a USA Stamp on the bat. c. 2 3/4" bats are not allowed. d. wood bats are allowed.
2. Umpires are to inspect bats prior to the games for defects and/or illegal bats.
3. There is a new pitch count rule established by PONY, so umpires need to check and sign both teams score books and pitch count charts, before and after each game.
Old Information Discussed:
1. Code of Conduct: Please review and follow new policy and follow without exception. We, as a league are trying to stop poor sportsmanship before it gets started, so if we are all vigilant, consistent, and clear, right out of the gate, the season will go smoother.
2. Rain out phone number to come out on the site soon.
3. Umpire Clinic: Sunday April 22, 2018 @ 10:30am at MMS U14 Field
4. Please review the rules on our web-site and keep a copy with you at the games for reference.
5. Assigning umpires is done via e-mail and you are responsible for getting your own sub. You can "reply all" to my e-mails to get a sub.Thanks,
© 2018 LeaguePro, Inc. All rights reserved.
This site created by LeaguePro Inc.